We are seeking a Scientific Key Account Manager for our Microbial Solutions site located in Charleston, SC.
Responsible for the Technical Management of Key Accounts for global Microbial Customer Care groups. Management of these key accounts will involve direct customer interaction and responsibilities such as providing technical support to customers including all aspects of product offerings. Assist customers regarding reagent questions, software questions, testing issues, training needs, and complaints. Technical knowledge is imperative along with the ability to engage with different types of customers. Responsible for building strong relationships to enhance the customer journey and ensuring excellent customer satisfaction.
The following are the responsibilities related to the Scientific Key Account Manager:
• Primary technical interface with key customers with sole responsibility for customer satisfaction for their accounts; acting as the advocate for the customer to resolve any areas of discontent with the product lines.
• Strong customer relationship, interpersonal and communication skills.
• A customer experience expert using problem solving skills to ensure customer satisfaction. Will also engage in any upselling as well as identification of opportunities.
• Communicate with customers providing support for testing related questions and resolution of issues for the appropriate product line,
• Assist customers regarding reagent questions, software/instrument questions and testing issues or complaints. Summarize customer interactions, present findings, and correspond with management in Customer Care as well as Sales to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Ensure escalation of unresolved issues to senior Management as required
• Report and recording customer complaints to the appropriate quality assurance and manufacturing groups. Providing assistance with the investigation, any required testing, and organization of meetings to communicate status and resolution to customer.
• Assist with organizing and providing all aspects of Brand related training to customers, Technical staff, Field/Depot Instrument Operations, Customer Service and Distributors.
• Ensure harmonization of technical training practices.
• Maintain training records in compliance with company requirements.
• Maintain current understanding of emerging technologies and competitive products in key market segments.
• Remain up to date on all regulations associated with endotoxin testing and related areas
• Present topics at internal and external workshops and seminars.
• Build relationships with key customers making sure customer satisfaction is of utmost importance.
• Participation in customer global meetings taking ownership as a lead in the meeting activity.
• Responsible for proficiency in all SOPs in areas of responsibility.
• Capture customer information via related SOP’s, email, salesforce, service max as appropriate.
• Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements (cGMP, FDA, ISO) and to departmental policies, practices and procedures (SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols).
• Track and trend appropriate sales information for key accounts and report on those trends monthly.
• Perform monthly health checks on key accounts via phone, email, surveys etc. to ensure we are meeting customer expectations. Take immediate and appropriate action where needed.
• Partner with Customer Care team to implement continuous improvement methods to enhance area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
• Assistance with Service Cloud Tier 3 and above correspondence with non-key accounts.
• Work with manager to communicate Business Unit product and services updates to sales team in a timely manner.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following are the minimum qualifications related to the Scientific Key Account Manager:
• Education: Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, molecular biology, or related discipline.
• Experience: 8 to 10 years experience required, inclusive of at least 5 years endotoxin related experience. A combination of technical support and direct customer support, sales or service preferred.
• Certification/Licensure: None
• Other: Advanced computer and math literacy required. Experience with Sales force and Power BI software platforms preferred.