The Field Service Technician is responsible for the installation, service, and maintenance of Belimed products while providing excellent service to customers.
This is a remote, home-based position traveling within the Charleston area and around a 2-4 hour driving radius of the region. This individual will be a part of a team who supports a local customer.
The schedule for this position will require Saturday and Sunday day time shifts, the remaining hours are flexible between other days of the week as determined between the employee and the manager.
How you will impact Belimed and our clients
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions using test instruments
- Measure and adjust digital and analog instrumentation using calibration equipment
- Install, modify and repair Belimed and/or 3rd party equipment
- Manage customer base effectively; prioritizing customer needs and balancing PM workload with daily repairs
- Demonstrates correct usage and application of equipment to customers
- Conduct product in-service trainings as required
- Complete service reports, timesheets, expense reports and parts lists in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain an organized work vehicle with necessary tools, manuals and parts required to provide efficient repairs and installations
- Monitor customer chemical orders, contract sales and renewals
- Promote and maintain good customer relations through high standards of professionalism, ethical behavior, maturity and good judgment
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience with industrial electrical single and 3-phase wiring and controls
- Experience troubleshooting steam, water and/or pneumatic process control
- Experience with PLC systems
- Experience using diagnostic test equipment, volt-ohm meters, amp probes and precision temperature and pressure calibration equipment
- Ability to perform piping, soldering and brazing of copper, brass and stainless steel piping
- Ability to read and red-line P&ID and electrical schematics
- Moderate technical aptitude; general computer skills with the ability to communicate effectively via e-mail
- Ability to lift at least fifty pounds unassisted
- Ability to climb over and crawl under equipment
- Ability to travel extensively with little notice prior to travel
- Evidence of job stability
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business need dictates
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life insurance as well as a company-paid vehicle, laptop and cell phone.
Belimed, Inc. promotes equal employment opportunities and will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination, against any applicant or employee because of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or genetic information. Additionally, Belimed provides an environment for job applicants and employees that is free from sexual harassment, as well as harassment and intimidation based on an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. EOE