The Design Manager monitors project deliverables, drawing and quote accuracy, timeliness, and completeness to ensure customer satisfaction and meet forecasted project implementation costs. This role understands and monitors Cost of Quality (COQ), timing in field, as well as installation team requirements. The Design Manager coordinates improvements with Sales and Operations; creates Change Order Forms and Submittal Packages that meet industry standards. This individual tracks performance indicators such as drawing production, quality, and installation cost to improve project delivery. The Design Manager reviews post installation site performance compared to plan to ensure customer needs have been met.
The individual in this role must be able to work East Coast business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm Eastern)
How you will impact Belimed and our clients
- Improve quote/proposal accuracy to ensure project quality, customer satisfaction and reduce cost to install products
- Develop key performance metrics for PPG Drawings: equipment trends, drawing accuracy, turn-around time, customer satisfaction
- Employ industry standards in the issuance of Belimed documents
- Provide performance management and on-going training to Designers/Draftspersons in PPG
- Manage and complete departmental special projects as required, especially with regards to department process and documentation
- Participate in the research and implementation of 3D modeling, workflow simulation and animation software
- Ensure latest CAD/BIM standards and procedures are being used by PPG
- Design and develop layouts of sterile processing and surgical support environments to incorporate Belimed equipment. Employ knowledge of best practices to ensure effective work flows
- Develop and maintain an expertise related to the Sterile Processing industry, Project Management and Belimed products.
- Utilize expertise to support Belimed field teams as a technical project implementation reference
- Participate in project reviews including projects analysis, lead and pipeline analysis, presentations and win/loss analysis
- Promote process improvement and to relay critical knowledge to Belimed PPG and PM field teams
What you need to succeed
- Associates degree with emphasis in mechanical drafting
- 5+ years of proven work experience in drafting
- Experience working for an Architecture and/or Engineering firm
- Experience in scheduling team workload and communicating with field based teams
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with AutoCAD is required
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k retirement program as well as 15 days of PTO and 10 paid holidays.
Belimed, Inc. promotes equal employment opportunities and will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination, against any applicant or employee because of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or genetic information. Additionally, Belimed provides an environment for job applicants and employees that is free from sexual harassment, as well as harassment and intimidation based on an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. EOE